- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pound squid, cleaned
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups diced and seeded tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Slice squid bodies into ¼ rings. Cut tentacles into halves or quarters.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and, when hot, add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes. When the tomatoes begin to simmer, add squid and cook until just opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the capers, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Serve immediately with some crusty bread to sop up the sauce.