Skip to content
- 4 (8 oz.) Ahi tuna steaks (each about 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry Sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion tops
- Sprinkle tuna steaks on both sides with salt, then sprinkle with coarsely cracked black pepper, pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tuna steaks and sear about 2 minutes per side, until brown outside and just opaque in center. Using tongs, transfer tuna steaks to platter and cover loosely with foil.
- Add soy sauce, then Sherry to same skillet. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is slightly reduced, scraping up any browned bits, about 1 minute. Cover tuna steaks with the sauce and sprinkle with green onion tops.