- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium white onion, cut in half and sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans stewed tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced pimento-stuffed olives
- ¼ green jalapeño pepper sauce or green taco sauce
- ½ tsp Mexican Oregano
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat; add bell peppers and onion and cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid, olives, green sauce, lime juice, salt and bring to a boil. Add shrimp, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, until shrimp is pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chopped cilantro. Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro sprigs.