Thai Crab Salad with Mango - Recipe
- 12 oz. Dungeness crab meat
- grated zest of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- baby salad greens, cleaned and dried
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 large mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, peeled
- 6 sprigs fresh coriander
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
For the salad:
For the dressing:
- Toast sesame seeds in small frying pan over a medium heat until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Place crushed red pepper, garlic, ginger, coriander and mint in food processor or blender until finely chopped. Add fish sauce, lime juice and sugar and blend again.
- Place crab meat into a bowl and pour ¾ of dressing over it. Add lime zest and most of the chopped coriander and mint, saving the rest as a garnish. Toss well.
- Toss the salad greens with the remaining dressing and pile the crab meat on top of it, along with slices of mango. Sprinkle with the remaining coriander and mint, chives and sesame seeds.